or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Joachim2 commented  · 

Note that an "intelligent digital zoom 2X" is already implemented in the Fujifilm X20.

• Anonymous commented  · 

A screw on adaper to convert to 50mm would be very much welcomed.
        80 might be a stretch, but would also be great.

• Joachim2 commented  · 

1) Yes, a good OPTICAL converter may produce better images than a digital one, but it is bulky and costly; according to a Fujifilm representative it is unlikely that there would be enough buyers for an optical TELE converter 1,4X or 2X. -
        2) Some people critisize, that a digital zoom 2X reduces the resolution from 16 to 4 MP. But 4 MP are still a lot more than a FULL HD TV screen can reproduce. -
        3) Fujifilm emphasizes the essential difference between a conventional digital zoom and their intelligent digital zoom: the latter one takes not only a central section of the full-frame picture, but for instance also readjusts the dynamic balance between parts wihin the section. -
        4) Yes, post-processing is possible, but I would not like to invest my time into post-processing and to buy a computer for it. The change of focal length should be CONVENIENT, i.e. not more tiresome than is usual for an optical zoom. -
        Joachim2

• Harvey commented  · 

Digital zoom reduces the image quality and is no better than cropping your photo in post-production. You can already zoom in to focus and crop later. I would MUCH rather have an adapter that let's me shoot at 50mm.

• Joachim2 commented  · 

I would prefer an "intelligent digital zoom 2X" for duplicating the focal length for photos (note that also the Sony RX1 is equipped with a digital zoom).

Feedback and Knowledge Base